Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Top 2 Tuesday


It's time for Top 2 Tuesday over at Taylor's and if you'd asked me this about 6 or so months ago I probably would have been able to come up with umpteen million different answers.  However, lately, I just don't have the energy to clean much and I really don't care about it like I used to (ask the husband - I used to be very OCD when it came to cleaning - now I'm definitely more of a straightener).  Anyways, this week's topic is

Top 2 Cleaning/Organization Tips

1.  Color-coded bins - For example, red/green for Christmas decor, clear for random stuff, blue for out-of-season clothes, orange for Halloween/Thanksgiving/Fall decor.  Last year after Christmas I started this and it has been absolutely wonderful.  While I still have a long way to go before everything is in the appropriate bins, I've definitely gotten off to a good start and it has already made a world of difference when it comes to me being able to find something or asking the husband to find something in the attic. 

2.  Clean a little at a time/as you go - Instead of spending an entire day cleaning your house from top to bottom, pick just one or two things to do each day (i.e. dusting and wiping down the kitchen counter tops one day and cleaning the floor the next).  Admittedly, I'm not very good at this one, but I really wish I would get better at it because I think it would make cleaning so much less daunting. 

What are your top 2 cleaning/organization tips.  Head over to Taylor's and tell us about them! 
Amber

1 comment:

Mamarazzi said...

we have the color coded bins too. my mom thought i was nuts when i started buying them for each holiday until she followed me to storage to pick up the Christmas decor and saw how easy it was to just grab the green and red!!