Wednesday, December 1, 2010

2 Dinners & the Best Husband Ever

I came home today and made dinner - a Pampered Chef Covered Baker (if you don't own one of these go buy it right now because it's fabulous) recipe - Mexican Chicken Lasagna (recipe below).  Once dinner was ready, I made our plates and came upstairs to be worthless on the couch and enjoy my meal.  I took one bite, looked at the husband, and said, "I really wish that I would have remembered before I spent the time/money to make this that I don't really like enchilada sauce."  Yes, I somehow forgot that I don't like pretty much the key ingredient to this meal.  Really?!?!?!  How does one forget something like that?

So what does the husband do?  He goes downstairs and makes this for me instead so I didn't starve to death. 

Sorry about the poor quality iPhone pic

Yep, he's pretty fabulous!

Pampered Chef's Mexican Chicken Lasagna*
What you need:
  • 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro, chopped
  • 28 oz enchilada sauce
  • 2 cups monterey jack cheese, divided
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
  • 8 oz softened cream cheese
  • 12 corn tortillas (6 inch)
What to do:
  • Mix together cream cheese, cilantro, and 1 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese.  Set aside.
  • Pour 2/3 cups enchilada sauce into covered baker and pour the rest in a bowl big enough for tortillas.
  • Dip 4 tortillas in remaining enchilada sauce and place in baker.  Cover with 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture, 1/3 of shredded chicken, and 1/3 of chopped onion.  Repeat layer once.
  • Dip remaining 4 tortillas in enchilada sauce and place over 2nd layer of ingredients.  Cover with remaining chicken and onion.
  • Pour remaining enchilada sauce over dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
  • Cover and microwave for 12-15 minutes and let stand for 10 minutes.
* If you like enchilada sauce, then this is a great recipe.  If you don't, steer clear. :)

Amber

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I actually made this recipe, too, and didn't like it either...I thought I just messed something up, but maybe I just don't like enchilada sauce either. =)