Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Party Faves

First, let me say welcome to my new followers - hi, I'm so excited that you're here (really, I don't know about you, but when I log into blogger and see that little number has increased I just get absolutely giddy - so thank you for making an otherwise uneventful hump day a little bit brighter)!

So the husband turns 30 this Friday (yep, on Friday the 13th). I was supposed to be throwing him a surprise party, but the logistics just weren't working out the way I planned so I gave up and just told him what I'd been planning (I know, I totally suck as a wife, but he's forgiven me so I'm okay with it for this year; however, I do plan to attempt this again some time in the future when I am not pregnant because I'm totally blaming my suckiness on that).  So we're having dinner at one of his favorite restaurants with lots of our friends and are then heading back to our house so everyone can party into the night (again, because I've already admitted to sucking as a wife I'll also admit that the husband really wanted to follow dinner with going to his favorite bar - The Flying Saucer - but I vetoed it because they still allow smoking inside and I didn't want to be the pregnant girl in the bar that everyone was staring at).

Now, in the past when we've thrown parties at our house I go all out with food, but I've decided that I'm not doing it this time for 2 reasons.  (1) I'm pregnant and just don't have the energy for it and (2) since we're having it on Friday (because that's his actual birthday and that's the way he wanted it) I just don't have a lot of time to prepare food.  Well, even though I'm not planning on making any of these things for Friday, I thought I would post some of my favorite go-to party recipes.  I usually try out other recipes as well, but the following are almost always included in the spread no matter the occasion.

Sausage Balls - Recipe & image found here

Easy Chili Dip - Recipe & image found here

Salsa Roll-ups - Recipe & image found here

Bacon Ranch Dip - Recipe & image found here

Happy partying!  What are your go-to party recipes?

Amber

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Ooooh...the chili dip is totally one of my go-tos! I haven't made it in ages though!