Friday, August 20, 2010

Food, Rides & Carnies

Oh Friday, how I love thee.  Let me count the ways!  I hope everyone's having a lovely Friday - hang in there just a few more hours and the weekend will officially start!  Does any one have big plans?  I'm super excited because we're going to the fair tonight!  The food, the ridiculous exhibits, the fabulous people watching, the rickety rides that look like they're all resting on overgrown Jenga blocks - I mean seriously, what's not to like (except maybe the crowds and the ridiculous markup on everything)? 

Being that I grew up in NC, the fair is a BIG deal to me.  We used to get days off of school to go (I don't think they do anymore - so sad)!  The NC Great State Fair (as we like to call it) is ranked as one of the top 10 fairs in the country every year (I think last year it was actually #2 behind either Dallas or Austin because let's just face it - everything's bigger and better in TX) and while the Wilson County Fair is not nearly as big or as exciting as the NC Great State Fair, it's still pretty fun (and since I won't be travelling at the end of October to make it to the NC Great State Fair this year I'll take what I can get).  I think I see a deep fried snickers in my future!

So, in honor of the fair I leave you with food, rides, and everyone's favorite - Carnies!  Enjoy!

Image found here

Image found here

Image found here

Image found here

Image found here

Image found here

Image found here

Image found here

Does anyone else love the fair as much as I do?  Please tell me I'm not alone in this!

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Amber

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Honestly, I am not a huge fan of fairs...however, as a new Texan I am pretty excited to try out the State Fair of Texas in Dallas this fall!

lg2006 said...

I too love the fair just as much and really want to go!!

Paige said...

deep fried butter! oh that sounds awesome!