Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Abby's 9 Months (9/3/11)

 9 months - 9.3.11


Dear Abby,

Nine months!  Really?  Please tell me how this happened?  You are most certainly getting closer to toddler-hood every day and I love it and hate it all at the same time!  You are hands down the sweetest baby in the whole wide world and I can't soak up enough time with you.  You are my whole world and I wouldn't have it any other way.  The smiles you bring to your daddy and I can't be matched by anything else and we love you more and more every single day.

At your appointment this month you weighed in at exactly 16 lbs (25%), 27.5 inches long (50%) and your head is 17 inches.  You're tall and skinny.  I totally get the skinny part because both your daddy and I were string beans all through our childhoods, but I have no clue from where that tall gene came!  You're wearing mostly 6-9 month clothes with a few 6 month and 9 month things thrown in and size 3 diapers.  You've yet to wear an actual pair of shoes, but if you did I'm pretty sure you'd wear a size 2 - your feet are teeny tiny!

This month it feels as if you're constantly learning something new.  Your latest tricks are waving bye-bye and clapping.  You still aren't really saying many words, but you did give your daddy the best present ever by saying "Da-da" with meaning for the first time on his birthday.  I also think you've said bye-bye a few times while waving, but it's definitely not consistent so I'm not sure if that was just coincidence or not.  You love to walk while holding on to our fingers and I fear you'll be walking way before this mommy's ready!

You are officially eating 3 solid meals a day (about 2 cubes each meal) - typically a fruit for breakfast, a veggie for lunch and dinner can go either way.  You've tried lots of things at this point, but we still aren't very adventurous with food just yet.  We've given you some puffs and cheese and you'll eat them if we put them in your mouth, but you still haven't quite made the connection that you can feed them to yourself yet (which I find hilarious since anything non-food-related goes straight to your mouth if you get your little hands on it).  Nursing is still going fabulously - you nurse 1st thing in the morning, as soon as mommy gets home from work (which we're working on phasing out, and in the evening before bed.  During the day you're drinking about 10oz of BM from a sippy cup.  Yep, you read that correctly, a sippy cup!  All of a sudden one day you just up and decided you no longer wanted a bottle and you've never looked back.  I should be thankful we never had to fight that battle, but this new development made me very sad because it was just another all-too-familiar sign that my baby is growing up right before my very eyes.

And, hallelujah I think we've finally turned a corner in the sleep department (although if you ask your daddy he'll likely disagree)!  You still have pretty frequent bad nights (which almost always happen when daddy's home) for sleep, but you're also having so many more good nights now.  On a good night I can put you to bed between 8-9 and you'll sleep until 6-7 the next morning.  And your bad nights aren't usually that bad anymore because you'll typically only get up twice. 

We pulled out your Laugh 'n Learn kitchen this month and you really like it.  Also, the Baby Genius dvds  are a big hit.  If we put one on, you'll happily play in your exersaucer and watch it for what seems like forever.  Some days this is one of the few ways mommy and daddy can get anything accomplished. :)  Otherwise, your favorites list hasn't really changed from last month. 

We love you so much, sweet girl, and are thankful every single day that our lives were blessed with you!

Love,

Mommy

Amber

No comments: