Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Top 2 Tuesday


It's been forever awhile since I linked up with Taylor for Top 2 Tuesday and since I'm totally having blogger's block lately I decided today was a good day to revisit her.  This week's topic is

Top 2 Random Things About Yourself

1.  I hate milk.  Like loathe it and it makes me gag if I have to drink it hate it.  Pretty much the only way it slithers into my system is if I have to use it for cooking.  Otherwise, not gonna happen.  And yes, I'm one of those people who eats my cereal dry.



2.  I spent an entire summer in North Pole, AK.  Yes, it does exist.  And, yes, Santa totally lives there.  It was the summer after my freshman year of high school.  My aunt & uncle live there so I thought it would be fun to go stay with them and my parents agreed so off I went.  It's a beautiful place and if you ever get the chance to go to Alaska you really should.  I have TONS of pictures from this trip.  Unfortunately, since that was circa 1996 they are definitely not digital and I'm not even 100% sure at the moment where they are.  Note to self - ask parents about this next time I talk to them!

Photos of Santa Claus House, North Pole
via  Somewhere there is a picture of my 13 year old self next to this sign.

What's a random fact about you?  Tell me or, better yet, go visit The Undomestic Momma and tell us all!  Happy Tuesday, everyone!

Amber

6 comments:

Nicole said...

I can't drink milk straight, but I will drink it on cereal. But what ever is left after the cereal is gone goes down the drain... I drank warm milk one time and that did me in... YUCK! I should mention it was straight from the cow but still... most everyone else used it in their coffee.

Unknown said...

I can't just drink milk either, but love it on cereal. North Pole, AK sounds like a great adventure. Hope you have a great week!

Amber said...

New follower from Top 2 Tuesday--thanks for stopping by yesterday!
Your trip to North Pole sounds awesome!! If you find those pics, you'll have to scan them in. Ha. That makes us sound so old, doesn't it? I have so many pics not on digital. Our wedding pics included and we haven't even been married for 6 years!

Shannon said...

How neat is that about North Pole, AK! My husband has been to Alaska several times but I've never been.

I'm not a huge fan of milk either, so I hear ya on #1.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, yours is wonderful too and I'm a new follower.

Shannon

Webbisodes
http://ourgatorzone.blogspot.com

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

how freakin cool is that about the north pole!!!! dying to see what this place looks like at christmas!!!

Jumping Jack said...

I've heard AK is beautiful! My step-sister was born in Anchorage. What a cool summer experience!

No milk? I don't think I could go without it - but it has to be SUPER cold!