Friday, October 1, 2010

Fall Favorites - Easy Spicy, Cheesy Chili

Happy Friday!  Are you guys as happy about the weekend as I am - this has been one long week?  We don't have much planned this weekend.  The husband has to work tomorrow, but I'll be going out to dinner with friends for a 30th birthday, and Sunday we have a birthday lunch with his family to celebrate the September birthdays.  Otherwise, I don't have much planned - hopefully, finishing up some stuff that I never got around to last weekend.

Anyways, yesterday I mentioned that I made my favorite chili recipe for the first time this fall recently.  Here's the recipe in case any of you are interested.  And I must admit that this is not my recipe - I got it from an old co-worker who got it from a friend's grandmother.  Enjoy!

Image found here



Ingredients:
  - 2 lbs ground beef or ground turkey
  - 1 packet of chili seasoning*
  - 1 small onion, diced
  - 2 cans Rotel*
  - 1 small can of evaporated milk (5 oz)
  - 2 cans of Chili beans*
  - 1/2 lb Velveeta, cubed

  *  We like things pretty spicy at our house so I use an original chili packet, original Rotel, and hot chili beans.  If you
      don't like it quite as spicy, you may want to substitute some of these with mild.

Directions:
  - Brown ground beef or turkey with onion and drain.
  - Add in all other ingredients and heat over low until it is warm throughout and cheese is melted.
  - Optional - top with additional shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream and serve.

Technically, this is an award-winning recipe.  At my old job, we had a chili cook-off every year to raise money for a charity and my co-worker beat out approximately 10-12 other entries with this recipe - it's yummy! :)

Have a great weekend!  See you guys Monday!

Amber

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Didn't you win the next year with this recipe? Don't forget to give yourself credit, too. =)

Amber said...

No, I won with a recipe for white chicken chili...don't worry, that one will be posted soon! :)