Anyways, yesterday I mentioned that I made my favorite chili recipe for the first time this fall recently. Here's the recipe in case any of you are interested. And I must admit that this is not my recipe - I got it from an old co-worker who got it from a friend's grandmother. Enjoy!
Image found here
- 2 lbs ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 packet of chili seasoning*
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cans Rotel*
- 1 small can of evaporated milk (5 oz)
- 2 cans of Chili beans*
- 1/2 lb Velveeta, cubed
* We like things pretty spicy at our house so I use an original chili packet, original Rotel, and hot chili beans. If you
don't like it quite as spicy, you may want to substitute some of these with mild.
- Brown ground beef or turkey with onion and drain.
- Add in all other ingredients and heat over low until it is warm throughout and cheese is melted.
- Optional - top with additional shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream and serve.
Technically, this is an award-winning recipe. At my old job, we had a chili cook-off every year to raise money for a charity and my co-worker beat out approximately 10-12 other entries with this recipe - it's yummy! :)
Have a great weekend! See you guys Monday!