Monday, September 13, 2010

What a way to start a Monday & 28 week bump-date

Image found here

Hello all you lovely people in bloggy land!  I hope your Monday has gone better than mine so far...  First, this morning while I was getting ready for work (and was running slightly late as usual) I knocked over a brand new bottle of mouthwash.  It pretty much covered my bathroom and my legs (I had already taken a shower at this point so I had to get back in and re-rinse off).  AWESOME!  Then, to make my Monday even better, I got a flat tire on the interstate (cross your fingers they can patch the tire - I so don't want to have to buy new ones).  So now instead of just being slightly late, I was SUPER late!  P.S. Next time you have your tires balanced/rotated/etc. gently remind the mechanic not to over tighten your lug nuts.  Let's just say that it's a good thing my dealership has a courtesy service for problems like this because the husband couldn't get mine off by hand and the nice man they sent to help us even had a hard time getting them off with his electric lug nut remover (I'm sure this handy tool had a technical name, but I have no clue what that might be).  Totally not the way I wanted to start off my week after a fabulous vacation...oh well.  I guess that's just how life goes sometimes!  They say bad things happen in 3's...well, I'm still waiting on my 3rd.  Let's hope this myth decides not to come true today.  Speaking of vacation, I'll post about the rest of ours sometime this week - our flight didn't get in until my bedtime last night so I haven't had a chance to upload the rest of our pictures yet.

On a good note though, I can't wait to get home to see Miss Lexi.  She's been at the "spa" because of our trip and the husband didn't go get her until after my morning fiasco.  I hate sending her to the "spa" and can't wait to get home to her!

Yesterday I entered the 3rd trimester.  OMG!  That means Abby will be here in 12 weeks or less - that's only 3 months, people!  While the first 3 months of this pregnancy seemed to drag on FOREVER, I'm pretty sure the final 3 are going to be the exact opposite.  I probably sound like a really broken record, but I still can't believe that I'm going to be a mom.  I just don't feel like I'm old enough to be a mom yet.  Anyways, here's the bump-date.  I also have a picture of the bump from yesterday that I'll post as soon as I get it off my camera.

Image found here

How far along:  28 weeks

Stretch marks:  None yet, but I won't be surprised if they start showing up...home girl (really, did I just call her that?) is getting B.I.G.

Sleep:  I expected this to be awful while we were in NYC since I couldn't find a way to smuggle my beloved boppy onto the plane, but I was so exhausted from all the walking we did that I slept through the entire night every single night we were there (I didn't even get up to pee).  Here's to hoping it might continue (however, I honestly don't think it will because last night I woke up a LOT, but I'm totally blaming it on our cats because they were being really loud so we'll just have to wait and see).

Best moment of the week:  On the plane yesterday, Abby was having herself a big time and the husband and I just watched her moving around for a good 15 minutes (this is a record, btw...she usually moves like 2 or 3 times and then goes right back to sleep).  I also had my first stranger come up to me and make the comment, "Wow, you look like you're about to pop!" while we were in NYC - I'm not really sure if this qualifies as a best moment or worst moment, but regardless, it finally happened.

Food cravings:  The same stuff I have been...brownies or pretty much anything containing chocolate.

What I'm looking forward to:  Our 28 week ultrasound on Wednesday!  I can't wait to see her sweet little face again and see how much different she looks from 18 weeks.

That's all for today!  See you tomorrow!

Amber

No comments: