Friday, September 10, 2010

Bronx Zoo

Hey everyone!  We made it safely to NYC yesterday.  We had originally planned to go visit the Statue of Liberty; however, we decided instead to go to the Bronx Zoo.  This was a cultural experience for sure!  The Bronx Zoo is in the middle of The Bronx (obviously) and I'm not going to lie when I say that I was slightly more than a little nervous when we got off the subway and walked the 4 or so blocks to the zoo's entrance.  However, we made it and I'm glad we went.

Lioness and her cubs

Lion

Baboon

I forgot what these are...
Polar Bear - he was the most exciting.

Bengal Tiger

Sea Lion

For dinner we went to this place in Greenwich Village called Alta.  It was a fabulous tapas place and I between the four of us we tried about 75% of the menu.  My favorites were the Crisp Chicken Wings, the bacon wrapped dates (which I never thought in a million years I would like, but bacon makes everything good IMO), and the lamb meatballs.  Yummy - I highly recommend it!  We then finished off the night with cupcakes at Magnolia Bakery (I'll be honest, these were okay, but not as fabulous as I was expecting them to be since it was THE Magnolia Bakery - I was a little sad).

Today we're off to the Museum of Natural History and lunch at Serendipity 3 for sure and then we'll just see where the day takes us!  Happy Friday!

Amber

No comments: