Image found here
Apple Pudding Cake with Cinnamon-Butter Sauce
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups chopped cooking apples, peeled or unpeeled (about 2 medium apples)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease 8-inch square pan.
- Mix brown sugar, and softened butter until light & fluffy.
- Beat in egg.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon (for cake), nutmeg, & salt.
- Stir in apples.
- Spread evenly into pan.
- Bake 25-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- While cake is baking, melt all sauce ingredients in small saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently
until butter is melted and mixture is hot all the way through.
- Pour warm sauce over warm cake and serve immediately.
Sounds super yummy, huh? I'll let you guys know if it turns out as good as it looks/sounds. If anyone makes it before me, let me know what you think!
See you guys tomorrow!