Monday, August 16, 2010

Weekend Recap & 6 Months

Hey everyone!  I hope you all made it through Monday.  Did everyone have a great weekend?  We certainly did.  It started off Friday with the before mentioned birthday party for the husband.  I didn't take any pictures because my MIL was there so as soon as I get them from her I'll post some.  We had dinner at The Gerst Haus - they have yummy German food for all you Nashvillian's out there in bloggy land (get the beef stroganoff because it's amazing - and then headed back to our house for a little birthday fun.    Saturday we did absolutely nothing productive and it was fabulous!  I love days where I don't have to shower or go anywhere.  I did, however, make these for breakfast (thanks, Melissa) - I highly recommend them.  I made ours mini-muffins instead of full sized so I wouldn't feel like such a fatty when I inhaled 1/2 the batch

Please note that I am NOT a baker (I prefer to cook) so I was pretty impressed by the fact that these
actually turned out looking pretty in addition to being edible - SCORE!

Otherwise, I read/played on the computer all day while the husband watched golf (for those of you wondering, I did NOT finish my curtains like I said I wanted to on Friday).  We finished the evening by watching the Titan's preseason game (so sad they couldn't pull out the win, but oh well).  Sunday the husband was working so I went shopping.  I planned to only be gone for a couple of hours at the most - let's just say that didn't happen.  I shopped for almost 6 hours!  I did get some pretty fabulous stuff though if I do say so myself even though in all actuality I probably didn't need any of it because I'm supposed to be saving my money for NYC.  While I was out, I found out a Charming Charlie was opened in The Avenues - I'm super excited about this, but it's going to be dangerous!  If you haven't been to one of these, go now!  Here are a few of the things I got yesterday.

via Motherhood Maternity

via Motherhood Maternity

via Target

My favorite purchase was this fabulous dress that I got at Target, but their dumb website isn't working so I can't show it to you. :( 

Yesterday also marked the 6 month mark - OMG, before I was pregnant this sounded really pregnant to me.  Now I realize it is, but it isn't at the same time if that makes any sense.  Anyways, here's the 24 week bump-date (and a picture).

24 weeks

Image found here

How far along:  24 weeks

Maternity Clothes:  I think it's time for a new survey because I'm tired of answering this question...yes, and I bought some more this weekend.

Sleep:  This week the insomnia subsided a bit.  I was able to sleep through the night a couple of times - I'll take it!

Best moment of the week:  Hearing Abby's heartbeat again.

Food cravings:  I think it was definitely a fluke (because it certainly hasn't happened again), but on Saturday I actually really wanted a salad.  The sweet husband went and got me the Chicken Club Salad from Jack in the Box.  If you haven't tried it, do - I was impressed!  I do realize that after I added bacon bits, cheese, and dressing that it probably wasn't "healthy" any longer, but let's face it, it was still better than a big, fat, greasy cheeseburger and french fries and I got some veggies in for the day

Image found here
.
What I'm looking forward to:  Our trip to NYC in September and my 10 year high school reunion (are we sure it's really been that long because I don't think I'm that old yet?).

Weight gain:  10 lbs

See you all tomorrow over at Taylor's for Top 2 Tuesday!  Have a great night!

Amber

2 comments:

Jordan said...

Your bump picture is too cute! Also, I'm super impressed- your muffins look great!

lg2006 said...

You look so cute! I know what you mean about 6 months seeming really pregnant but then not that pregnant! ha