Monday, July 19, 2010

Weekend Recap & a Bump-Date

Hey y'all!  I hope everyone had a great weekend.  If you remember from Friday, I was planning to be old and boring with the husband - he had other plans apparently and didn't get my memo! :)  Friday, since he was at work, I did get to follow my plans, but Saturday we decided to break in our bikes (well, really just mine because he's actually used his before) that we got ourselves for Christmas.  We went over to the Greenway and let me just say that I was WAY impressed.  It was TONS nicer than I ever imagined (and although I would never go there by myself because I'm paranoid about stuff like that I think it would be totally safe because there were lots of people there).  If you like to walk, run, bike or rollerblade I highly recommend trying out the Greenway.  It was really pretty and ran all along the river so it was peaceful as well.  Because I was a little nervous about overdoing it my first time out we only went to the first stop and back, but that was still 5 miles round trip - pretty good for 5 months preggo if I do say so myself! :)


Don't worry - I totally bought a Camelbak and helmet that match my bike - be jealous!


Then Saturday night we met some friends at the Sounds game.  I am definitely not what you would call a baseball fan = call me un-American if you will, but I just don't like it.  However, I actually had a really good time and might consider going again at some point. 


This is the only picture I took because I was too busy stuffing my face with Frito's pie and pizza watching the game and socializing.

Sunday was spent at the husband's kickball game, running errands, making Paula Deen's meatloaf (sorry, I'm not gifted enough to take pictures of cooking while kneading ground beef with my bare hands quite yet), and curled up on the couch catching up on the dvr.

And now - The 20 Week Bump-Date (oh dear Lord, that means we're 1/2 way to being responsible for another human being)
Image found here

How far along:  20 weeks


Maternity Clothes:  Yep!  Admittedly, there are still a few pairs of my pre-baby pants that still fit me, but they do become a little more uncomfortable each time I put them on.
Sleep:  My new body pillow came today - I can't wait to go to sleep tonight!

Best Moment of the Week:  Although I did freak out for just a moment, realizing that we're 1/2 way to meeting our baby girl (and more than 1/2 way if she decides to come early).
Food Cravings:  Brownies - these have always been one of my favorite desserts, but I could now eat them all day long and be completely happy about it!

Image found here
Gender: It's a GIRL!!!

What I'm looking forward to:  Getting the nursery painted at the end of this week!  Then I can officially start decorating!
I hope everyone's had a wonderful Monday - see you all tomorrow for Top 2 Tuesday!

 Amber

No comments: