Thursday, July 29, 2010

We have a name!

Yay!  I'm so excited that I can finally stop referring to my daughter as "yet to be officially named baby girl".  I mean that was honestly getting to be a little much, don't ya think?!  The husband called at lunch and said he had finally chosen her name (FYI, on our morning phone call today - he worked yesterday/last night and I was gone before he got home - I told him he could choose the final name from the 2 we have had it narrowed down to for the past what seems like forever because I really liked both of them so I didn't care either way).  And he chose

Abigail "Abby" Marie

Abigail means "of a father's love" and Marie is my middle name.  In the end I think the meaning played a big part in his decision and he also said that he had decided that he didn't like that if we had gone with our other choice her first name and last name would both end in "n" (I didn't quite understand that one, but whatever - I went with it!).  Now that it's official, let the monogramming begin (just kidding - kind of)! :)

* The other name we were considering was Kaitlyn Marie.

Amber

No comments: