Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Vacation Anyone?

Since Mrs. Kelsey of The Seattle Smiths is off rendezvousing (sp?) in Whistler there's no Wishful Wednesday post today - so sad!  So instead I've decided to post about all of the places I have yet and hope to visit during my life - okay maybe not all (that could take FOREVER), we'll limit it to my Top 5.

5.  Key West - I'll be honest, this one may have only made the top 5 because we recently had the opportunity to go here with the husband's sister and BIL, but we decided against it since I'm pregnant.  I didn't really want my first time in a place that is based on having a good time to be spent feeling like a beached whale and not getting to partake in everything Key West has to offer.  But it definitely looks like a fun place with tons of history that just has the cutest little vacation cottages all over the place. 

I mean who wouldn't want to stay in a cute little house like this??? 
Image found here

Image found here

Image found here

4.  The Greek Isles - I'm kind of a nerd in the fact that I really do love places that have a lot of history and beautiful architecture.  Mix those with beautiful beaches and great food and sign me up any day!  Somewhere like this could just be my heaven!

Image found here

Image found here

Image found here

3.  London, Paris & Rome (I've listed these as one because more than likely I would do them all in the same trip) - Again with the history, architecture and food, but now add the fashion!  One of my greatest regrets in life is that I didn't study abroad when given the opportunity in college.  I could have gone anywhere I wanted for a semester (and likely would have chosen Paris because I took French for 7 years) and completely submerged myself in their culture, but I decided instead to skip it because I was afraid I would miss out on too much stuff with my friends.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed all of the stuff I would have missed, but I'll never have this opportunity again and I'm really sad that I passed it up.

Image found here

Image found here

Image found here

2.  Hawaii - To me this has got to be one of the most beautiful places on earth with so much to do!  Where else can you jump in waterfalls, climb volcanoes, and swim in crystal clear water with beautiful reefs?  I swear if it didn't cost a small fortune to get there I'm pretty sure I would vacation here every year!

Image found here

Image found here

Image found here

1.  Australia - This is home to what some would argue is the best scuba diving in the world and I would give anything to be able to experience that.  And, considering my love of animals, the change to hold a baby koala bear and see kangaroos hopping down the side of the road makes me want to jump on a plane right now.  Honestly, I'm not sure what exactly makes this my #1 spot, but it has been for as long as I can remember - it honestly may just be the fact that it's so far away and costs so much to get there that it will probably be a very long time before I actually get to experience this beautiful place.

Image found here

Image found here

Image found here

So that's my Top 5!  What's at the top of your list of places you'd like to visit one day?

No comments: