Monday, June 21, 2010

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday, everyone!  I hope you guys had a fabulous weekend just like I did.  I apologize in advance, as I took ZERO pictures this weekend.  But I'll start off by saying that I accomplished everything I wanted from Friday's post except for making curtains for our master bedroom (but let's get real, I honestly didn't really even think I would actually get those done this weekend - it was more wishful thinking). 

Saturday I went to the pool with my sister-in-law, brother-in-law and niece.  It was my first time watching Miss Maddie swim at the pool and let me just reiterate the fact that she is THE CUTEST THING EVER!  I HATE that I don't have any pictures of her there because words cannot possibly describe just how cute she actually was - next time, I promise!  On my way home I enjoyed a chocolate malt from Sonic - pure heaven in my opinion!  Since the husband was working, I spent the rest of my evening laying on the couch reading this book.
(image via Amazon)

If you love The Shopaholic Series, then you will love this book as well.  I started reading it Saturday afternoon and have almost finished it as of bedtime last night!

Then, Sunday we went over to the in-law's house to celebrate Father's Day with the husband's family and I got to have homemade ice cream.  Clay's grandmother makes the absolute best homemade ice cream on the planet - lemonilla.  It is always the highlight of family gatherings during the Spring and Summer.  Afterwards, we ventured to Babies R Us to look at gliders - and we bought ours.  Yay!  Now officially all of the furniture for the nursery has been purchased.  Granted, none of it will be here for another 8 weeks or so, but it has been purchased none the less.  I feel like progress is being made.  Here's the glider we bought (although ours is not corduroy - it's velour - and it's a lighter neutral color - more of a beige, I would say).  We also got the matching ottoman.

Just in case anyone wants to see, this is the furniture we bought - the Summer's Evening Collection in Twilight Cherry by Creations Baby.  We got the sleigh crib, the changing table, and the 5 drawer chest.  I can't wait for everything to come in so we can see how everything looks together!

Sorry this ended up being the world's longest post ever!  I hope you all have a wonderful start to your week and see you tomorrow!


No comments: