Monday, October 18, 2010

A Fun Weekend Surprise & a Bump-date

I hope everyone's week is off to a good start and that you all had fabulous weekends!  I definitely did.  Friday night and Saturday during the day were pretty low key (i.e. we caught up on our DVR, cleaned the house, and I finished all of my thank you notes from this shower) and then Saturday night we headed off to dinner here with my best friend, Stacy, and her parents.  Her parents were visiting from Chicago for the weekend because her fabulous mom was helping to host my baby shower on Sunday. 

Well, when we got to dinner, there was a little surprise waiting for me.  One of my other best friends, Becca, who lives in Minneapolis (and who had told me 3 weeks prior that she wasn't going to be able to come to said shower) was waiting at the table.  I was so excited I cried!  The husband had known about this for a while and had been keeping it a secret from me!  Since she lives so far away, I usually only get to see her once a year or so, but this year I'm going to get to see her 3 times because of little miss Abby (maybe I should have kids more often - j/k).  I got to see her back in June because she was here for a wedding, she was here this weekend, and she's hoping to be able to come back right before Christmas to meet little Abby when she arrives.  It was the best present she could have given me!  Love her and miss her tons already!

This was taken a year & a half ago during her wedding weekend.
So, we had an awesome dinner with great company Saturday night, Becca and I got to hang out a little longer once we got home (y'all should be proud, I made it to midnight!  That just doesn't happen anymore - I'm usually asleep by 9), and then Sunday we headed off to baby shower #2 (as usual, I haven't uploaded pictures yet, so I'll do a whole post on this a little later).  And yet again, our friends and family proved just how lucky we are to have them - little Abby is one blessed little girl!  The shower was so much fun and she got so much stuff!  Below's a picture of everything we got this weekend (and my grandmother just sent me a text message - yes, you read that right, a text - and they're going to buy us our Pack n Play and our swing).

After the shower, I had to take Becca to the airport (sad), and then I went home and attempted to put everything away.  I succeeded; however, I think I now I have at least 3 loads of laundry to do from just the stuff Abby got yesterday!  This is definitely a good problem to have!

Needless to say, today I'm just a little tired and I can't wait to get home, lay on the couch, and fall asleep during the 1st quarter watch the Titans game.  Now on to the bump-date.
Image found here

How far along:  33 weeks

Stretch marks/belly button:  Thankfully, still no change - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'm one of the lucky ones!

Symptoms:  Heart burn has reached an all-time high - it really sucks!  However, I have a fabulous doctor who gave me a prescription (because it was so bad that it was waking me up ALL. NIGHT. LONG. and I wasn't sleeping at all) so it is getting better.  Everything else, is pretty much the same.

Movement:  Yes!  Abby moves all the time - it's crazy (I thought she was supposed to be sleeping most of the time now - guess not)!  And, I think because it's getting so crowded in there, most times now, her movement causes me physical pain (just for the record, this is not a complaint - I just want to remember this in the future).

Labor Signs:  Not yet, but I definitely still have Braxton-Hicks contractions pretty regularly.

Best Moment of the Week:  Our baby shower yesterday!

What I'm looking forward to:  Getting all of her laundry done and put away and finishing the thank you notes for this week's shower.

Happy Monday, everyone!  See you tomorrow!


Amber

1 comment:

Syndal said...

Student in the health care field question: what medication are you on for your heartburn?
Good for you for not getting stretch marks! i hear they are hereditary, which means I am in trouble!
ps. LOVE the name abby :)